Powered By Blogger

Pages

Lunes, Oktubre 3, 2011

baby's stuffy nose




         Philippines is hit again with another typhoon. Typhoon Quiel hit us hard this time with water up to 6 feet in certain areas in manila. I pray for those families who lost their loved ones amidst the raging typhoon. I feel sad about those children who had to suffer getting wet with no shelter and food and for the parents who are faced with the feeling of uncertainty on what to do to recover from their loss. I thank God for protecting us and for keeping our area safe from typhoons even if we live a few yards away from the ocean. Today my baby boy got so clingy to me i cant even wash the plates. Whenever i am facing the computer he will go near me so i have to carry him on my lap as i am typing this entry. I noticed that  runny mucus on his nose so immediately stood up and get his ear thermometer. He is pretty much ok except for hi nose. I  made salinase solution for him. You will only need a few drops of water,a tiny pinch of salt and a nasal aspirator. Mix water with salt  and gently hold your baby tilting his head upward and gently drop water on his nose. After doing that suck mucus from his nose with the nasal aspirator. Stuffed nose usually comes with a headache so make sure you have some medicine in syrup form ready for him in case he gets uncomfortable. Crying usually indicates this. Breastfeed  often so he wont get dehydrated. If  he is more than a year old , you can give some freshly squeezed orange juice and give him vitamin c supplement at least once a day. We dont want our babies to get sick so try to bring him to his pediatrician if symptoms persist after four days to avoid complications. That's it for now, my baby is calling me again.. take care everyone.

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento